Get High Now is an illustrated, mind-blowing magic carpet ride of more than 175 ways to alter human perception and consciousness—without drugs or alcohol.
By James Nestor
Based on science—not subjective New Age hearsay—Get High Now explores the worlds of neurology, biology, and physiology through meditations, illusions, common herbs, audio and visual stimulations, and some bizarre anthropological discoveries. Each entry describes in colorful detail how these highs affect our minds and bodies, as well as step-by-step directions for how to do them. Highs include:
• Breathing Meditations: Indian yogis have been going out-of-body with breathwork for millennia
• Audio Entrainment: Audio loops discovered in 1839 trick the hemispheres in your brain to hallucinate a three-dimensional tone between your eyes
• Cheese: A 2007 British study showed 67 percent of people who ate one ounce of certain cheeses before bed reported wild, fantastical, and sometimes life-changing lucid dreams
• Insects: Brazilian bamboo moth larva is a powerful narcotic; multiple bee stings lead to intense hallucinations
• Self-Hypnotism: Einstein and Thomas Edison used hypnagogia to think-up their most famous inventions. It’s as easy as holding up your arm. . .
• Kitchen: Herbs Norse Vikings went berserk off rosemary; dill soothes the mind; eating basil relieves headaches
• Animals: Tribes in Sudan hunt the giraffe and drink its liver to induce spiritual visions; the blood of schizophrenics contain the same psychotropic chemical found in hallucinogenic toads and some Russian reindeer urine. . .
. . .and so damn many more. The book includes solo, tandem, and group exercises as well as a supplemental audio-visual Web component and iPhone application — allowing you to baffle your mind, charge your body with good-feeling neurotransmitters, or just have fun anytime, anywhere. So, what are you waiting for? Get High Now!
# Hardback: 267 pages
# Publisher: Chronicle Books (2009)
# Language: English
# ISBN: 978-0811867139
# Product Dimensions: 7 x 5 inches
# Shipping Weight: ~300g